Cheltenham Gazetteer Introduction
Bristol and Gloucestershire Monographs
Edward II: His Last Months and Monument
Jill Barlow, Richard Bryant, Carolyn Heighway, Chris Jeens and David Smith (2015)
This volume focuses on previously unpublished sources for the last year of the life of Edward II and on his monument in Gloucester cathedral.Read more
Published in conjunction with Past Historic.
The Berkeley Estate 1281-1417: its economy and development
Bridget Wells-Furby (2012)
This volume is the first full length discussion of the economy and management of a lay estate in this period.
The editor of the series is:
22 Beaumont Road,
Gloucester GL2 0EJ
Suggestions from potential authors for future volumes are welcomed.
Guidelines for authors
The text should be based on original research into aspects of the history of Bristol and/or Gloucestershire in whole or in part, but wider regional studies are not excluded.
Applications must include
1. Full contact details
2. An estimate of the length in words of the full work including appendices and index
3. Details of any previous attempts to publish it with copies of the publishers' comments
4. A statement in support of the work from a person employed in an academic post in a university or institution of higher learning or other appropriate person. This statement must include a short CV and an assurance that the referee has read the work in full in the form in which it is offered for consideration.
5. A summary of the text (1000 words maximum)
6. A statement as to how the work contributes new information or insights into the field of study.