Encouraging research is a vital part of the Society's activities.
We do this in a number of ways:
- providing small research grants;
- providing vehicles for publication;
- helping with the setting up and organization of research projects;
- providing a source of enthusiastic volunteers;
- advising on applications for large research grants;
- assisting with publicity and outreach.
The Lloyd George Survey of Land Values: Gloucestershire
We are supporting this project, which aims to transcribe and analyse for Gloucestershire the survey of land values carried out as a result of the 'People's Budget' of 1909. The database of Gloucestershire properties, their occupiers and owners that resulting from the project is being made available online. For more information, see the project's website
VCH in Gloucestershire
The Society has been heavily involved in the setting up of the Gloucester County History Trust and in making funds available to allow work to continue on completing the Victoria County History volumes for Gloucestershire.
For more information, see VCH Gloucestershire.