We believe in putting as much as we can in the public domain, but to keep on doing this, we need practical support – this means your involvement. Free is good, but joining is so much better!
Become a member, and enjoy these benefits*
- The latest Transactions, delivered to your door each spring, full of the latest research on the history and archaeology of our area
- Community and contacts: opportunities to share and learn with more than 500 other members
- Frequent news updates, via Newsletters, emails and social media
- Trips to places of local historical and archaeological interest, hosted by expert guides
- Regular winter talks in both Bristol and Gloucester, as well as special lectures
- Use of our extensive Library
* in a normal year! Physical meetings replaced by online events for the time being.
- Ordinary members receive all of the above.
- Associate membership is open to anyone at the same address as an Ordinary member. Share that member’s publications, and join in on any talks or trips.
- Institutional members receive the Transactions and may opt to have the Newsletter.
For a supplementary subscription, Ordinary and Institutional members can also get the latest Record Series edition, covering a new aspect of local records, each autumn.
|Type of Membership||Basic||plus Record Series|
Subscriptions are due on 1 January each year.
We hope you’ve found useful things already on this website, but you’ll get even more if you join us.
How to join
Download our Membership Form to apply by post.
Enquiries: please contact the Honorary Membership Secretary.
Payments for membership renewals can be made by:
- Cheque – made payable to ‘Bristol and Gloucestershire Archaeological Society’ and sent to the Membership Secretary at the address on the membership form.
- BACS – to Sort code 20-13-67 Account Number – 00196460
- PayPal – Send a PayPal payment for your membership using the Paypal ‘Buy Now‘ button at the bottom of this page. Please note each individual membership will need to be processed as a separate PayPal payment transaction.
- Standing order – once a member has joined BGAS they can set up a standing order so that payment is made directly on the 1st January each year.
- Invoice – If you require an invoice please contact the Membership Secretary.
We look forward to hearing from you!