The Bristol & Gloucestershire Archaeological Society, founded in 1876, has been registered with the Charity Commission since 1962
The Society was founded in 1876, making it one of the earlier 'county' societies set up in the Victorian era.
The Society is governed by a Council of trustees.
Management of the Society's affairs is performed by a number of committees.
CAG is a committee of the Bristol & Gloucestershire Archaeological Society. It exists to promote archaeology in all its aspects, with special reference to Bristol and Gloucestershire.